The Institute of Tropical Medicine (ITM) in Antwerp is pleased to announce the organisation of the third “Get started, keep moving” distance/blended learning workshop: This blended (online and face-to-face) workshop takes participants through the planning, design, and implementation of distance and/or blended learning modules.
- become familiar with a variety of distance/blended learning “formats”,
- learn about e-facilitation and e-assessment tools,
- generate online materials for a distance/blended learning project of their choice.
The workshop targets teams of 2 people, consisting of (i) a subject-matter expert (planning to deliver a teaching activity in either blended or distance learning format) together with (ii) an ICT specialist from the same institution.
Note that this workshop is meant for DGD partner institutions only.
ITM welcomes initiatives for the development of joint e-modules and e-courses by two institutes, the content of which are aimed at master students, PhD students or other postgraduate students in tropical medicine and international public health. We thus encourage staff of different institutes to develop e-project proposals together.
The programme lasts for 6 weeks online (participants’ investment time: 3-4 hours per week) and 5 days face-to- face. Modules start on:
- 02 October 2017 – 12 November 2017 for the online component; and
- 27 November 2017 – 01 December 2017 for the face-to-face component at ITM, Antwerp.
Approximately 15 participants will be admitted. A selection will be made based on the applicants’ motivation in terms of:
- involvement in actual or “about to start” distance/blended learning modules of relevance for tropical medicine and international public health;
- management/development role in the field of online courses, e-facilitation and e-assessment in their home institution;
- commitment and support from home institution for distance/blended learning projects;
- potential for further collaborative development of the e-project, after the workshop.
The language of the workshop is English.
The application form can be found here. Applications should reach ITM Antwerp no later than:
20 August 2017 (extended deadline).
Travel, subsistence and accommodation grant, for the face-to-face component of the workshop will be financed with DGD funds.