You will be part of a team of five financial and administrative staff members and will report directly to the department manager.
You will work closely with the scientific staff and the project promotors within the department, and with the colleagues of Project Management and the Research Office within the central services.
- You have a master's degree in management, economics or life sciences.
- You have significant experience in helping to acquire and manage European or international research projects within an academic context.
- You like to work with figures, understand complex data and are strong in project management. You are an excellent organiser and negotiator.
- You have strong writing skills and extensive experience in compiling reports and presentations, especially in English at a high level.
- You communicate clearly, customer-oriented and are accustomed to deal with experts and researchers. You speak fluent Dutch and English, the knowledge of French is an asset.
- You are proactive, enthusiastic and solution-oriented.
- You can handle deadlines in a changing environment, set priorities and you are flexible. Your output is highly qualitative.
- You are willing to travel occasionally within and outside Europe, including to low income countries.
- You have a strong affinity with the mission and values of the ITG.
You will contribute actively to the departmental policy plan by creating a framework for our research goals. You will support the researchers in successfully acquiring, managing and completing projects.
Your role and assignment consist of the following tasks:
- You will be the reference person within the department for all questions about research support. From your knowledge and experience, you improve the entire process (pre-during-post) of the scientific projects.
- You will support the project promoters in the various aspects of external fundraising (relevant calls, guidelines, budget, grant writing, quality and form requirements) in close consultation with the central research office.
- You will analyse the needs of our researchers and elaborate the necessary processes and tools to create a framework for the departmental research activities.
- You will support the promoter in project execution, including in low resource settings or during outbreaks. You take a steering and coordinating role in the implementation of complex projects and consult intensively with the various stakeholders.
- You will be responsible for the drawing up of the budget and the financial management of projects, you will identify problems and suggest solutions.
- You will follow the relevant legislation and guidelines and you will negotiate research contracts with external partners. After consultation with our lawyer, you will advise on important management choices within the research projects.
- You will work project-based and procedurally on specific topics within the department, to improve support processes.
- A fascinating function with room for initiative and creativity.
- A pleasant working atmosphere in a dynamic team and an international environment. The ITM is centrally located in the vibrant city of Antwerp.
- A full-time job with a contract of indefinite duration. Start date preferably as soon as possible.
- A salary taking into account your work experience, supplemented with some extra-legal benefits: bicycle fee and/or public transport subscription, meal checks and supplementary pension.
For more information about the assignment and profile, please contact Filip De Keulenaer, department manager (email@example.com or 03 247 66 36). Send your curriculum vitae and your motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org before November 19, 2017. Clearly state the job you are applying for.